Friday, September 3, 2010

Tik Tok Tik Tok!!!

What a great day it is today. The sun was shinning with so much power. I can already feel the difference in the sun. It's that time of the year when the sun feels and looks like fall is just around the corner and it is. This time of the year the sky looks so blue, soft blue with a light difference...it's hot but with a difference in the way you feel the heat. Well, you must be saying "What that heck is she talking about?" I know what I am saying is just hard to describe when you just need to see it and feel it. It's and feels GREAT.

As much as I would have loved to go to the beach today, instead I was at Florida Hospital Celebration doing my pre-admission for my surgery this upcoming wednesday. Little I knew all the testing that I was about to get done. First the paperwork, then drawing of blood, the collection of my precious gold liquid and little I knew x-rays of my chest.  When I was sent to the nurse station to get all the test needed there was something that caught my attention. I was waiting in this small room full of supplies for tests, very quiet with the exception of this round clock hanging from the wall. There was this very loud "tik tok tik tok" counting every second I waited for the nurse. I kind fo relate to it very fast, I felt like I was in the middle of a countdown for something and then I realize I was. That clock was telling me my worries will soon come to an end, that in a couple of more days I will remove all this bad tissue and start a new life without my thyroid gland. It reminded me again, I am lucky to know that this was caught early and that I with the help of medication and treatment will be able to continue a "normal" life. You see, others are not that lucky. Even thou I still have to wait to see if I need the radiation and to know if the cancer has metastize (probably spelled wrong) to other organs and lymph nodes (that is the reason for the chest x-ray) I am so positive and looking forward to stop that clock countdown. I want a silent clock, one that will not let me know minutes are passing but endless minutes to come.

Last night while watching videos of Ironman races, I learn a new phrase said by a two time Ironman Champion from Australia. He said "You must learn to be comfortable when being uncomfortable" We was refering to the recommendation he gives to everyone participating in an Ironman race. This was one of his recommendation and I rapidly applied it to my new life if I ever want to pursue this dream. I will learn to be comfortable while being uncomfortable...... :)

TTYL,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment