Monday, September 6, 2010

42" of gratitude!

Well today is labor day and another day closer to my surgery. I once again try to keep my mind busy so I got up and went shopping for a matress set for my mother as she is coming to Orlando to help me during surgery.  After getting that all set I went around looking for some bed heets and some other stuff I still need. Then my good and dear friend Don call me to see what I was up and I offered to pick him up from the Tire place while his car was fixed. While driving around he said he wanted to stop by at Target to look at TV's. I asked why, he recently bought a new TV. He said "well you mentioned that you want to get a new bigger TV (mine was 13") because you might be spending too much time in bed and I want to get it for you...it's either we go get it now or you were going to have it in your bedroom when you get back from the hospital (he has a set of keys to my house)" I was in awe. I am still in awe. You see Don and I dated for a while (that's how we actually met and built our relationship) Along the way we realize that we are just amazing good friends. He has done many things for me and I have done many things for him aswell. Our situation is very similar, no family members in FL, we work a lot and we have a passion for sports. We are inseparable and we care for each other. His family is amazing and still treat me like Im part of their family and my family feels the same about him.

Don gave me today a great present...he bought me a 42" Plasma TV for my room so I can watch TV while I am sick fighting my little cancer. I can not honestly say how much I love Don, not because the TV he purchased for me but because he is the most amazing human being I have met. He is humble and very giving of love and when you need him he is always there. He is a true friend. Thanks Don for all you do for me. You are God's blessing to me...you are my little angel. :)

TTYL,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment