Monday, September 20, 2010

back to work....

After just 12 days after surgery, I am back at work.  Today I felt like a little girl on her way to the playground. I am back to my work but not as a Flight Attendant. My doctor thinks is too fast for me to return to the skies and that a work on the ground was better for me for a few months. At my current employer, I have been a flight attendant for 7 years. 4 of those spent as a Flight Attendant Instructor at our corporate university. When I got the news about the cancer and how it was not going to be good for me to fly I felt a little overwhelmed. If I was not going to be able to fly that meant that I will have to be out on disability which only pays 60% of my salary. 60% doesn't cover much out of all my bills. I am single and recently purchased a house, I was living my worst nightmare all over. How was I going to pay for my new house and bills with only disability pay?

The leaders at my airline offered me to come back on special assignment to our corporate university as an Adjunct Instructor. Can I say lucky? I am sooooooo lucky that I have so many people by my side helping me in so many ways. They didn't need to do that, I should have been on disabilty if I wouldn't find another position on the ground to make my money while I was recovering from all this. See, the FAA requires that you must be able to perform all your safety related duties without limitation and the use of certain medications/drugs in order to be in the air. I guess that when you do a good job, perform as expected and leave in good standings the doors will always open up for you. They did open up for me and in a time of need. I will be forever thankful for all of you who support me. Thanks Blue!

Now off to bed as I need to be at my best so doors will keep opening for me :)

TTYL,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment