Thursday, September 2, 2010

Te-KILL- A Cancer the Mexican Way!

Today was a great day. I've been having some questions when it comes to my surgery next wednesday, so I made an appointment with Doctor Tanton (My Endocrinologist). The nurse practicioner answer all my questions, plus Dr. Tanton wanted to say hi before I headed out Te-Kill-A Cancer the Mexican way. Dr. Tanton asked me why I was so worried about? I said ..."you are a Triathlete yourself so you know why I am worried, I need to know if I will have the energy to endure my Training and my Triathlons, I need to know if I will gain weight to the point I won't be able to perform"...Dr. Tanton answers with a simple " I did a few Tri's and a Half Ironman and I think that was the last one too..I should not even consider myself a Triathlete..lol..but I know why you asked..it's your passion and you want to make sure you will be able to do it". That is exactly my point and he gets it, I love that! But I couldn't leave before he knew that once you do a Triathlon no matter the distance...you are always a TRIATHLETE!!!

So after my wonderful meeting with him and his office staff I met my coach/ friend (Beth) and my friend Allison to a Team in Training Fund Raiser called Te-Kill-A Cancer. How ironic that I have been supporting  raisers for cancer and now I am a cancer fighter myself. Life is a box of chocolates...you never know what you are going to get, but if you are handed it you can handle it :) And I can and I will.  I will because I do have the will to get there, to go the distance! I want to be able to one day make the ultimate race..The Ironman. In the mean time I have to deal with the Kill a Cancer race first.

I am strong, I LIVESTRONG!

TTYL,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment