Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Can't believe it's been a week since I divorce the Thyroid Gland

A week after surgery (this is day 7)
A week has passed since my thyroid gland was removed, so far the divorce was a good choice (I think). Besides a headache here and a headache there, getting tired fast and still coughing crap...I am doing great!!!! Friday I will go to a follow up with surgeon to also getting my stiches removed. Can't wait for this as they are starting to itch like crazy.

What a week it was. I am finally on my way to hopefully be a cancer free person. I just honestly wait to get my life back to normal. I am missing my running, my bike rides and swims at lake. :( I am also here fighting the fact that I keep thinking I am going to gain weight. This thought just terrifies me. It can happen while my medication gets adjusted, maybe they will hit on the spot from the get go with the right dose or have to start playing with the dose until making it right for me. I will have to be patient and strong. I said this week I will eat to make me strong while I recuperate, starting monday it's all about eating healthy and maintaing my regular physical regimen that has kept me in ultimate shape for a few years. I know I can do it, it just will be difficult and will need dedication on my behalf.

I also would like to mentioned a few people that played a big part in my recovery and they play a huge part in my life:

1. My mother- what would I do without you! You are always there for all my needs and the great thing about you is that you always put all of us first and then you, I think is about time for you to do something for you. You deserve it! I think I have a great idea.....Love you mom!
2. Donald Rhoads- You are the best man! You are definately not from planet earth. I am lucky to have you in my life. I cherish you and your friendship as much as I cherish chocolate, life and triathlons xoxo
3. Melanie- No matter what you have always been there for me. I love you and thank you for being like a sister to me.
4. Dad and Stepmom- I was able to see the true you once you found out I was having cancer. I know you love us more than anything...I see it and feel it. Mom your faith shows, your prayers were with me always. Love you both.
5. All my sieblings and amazing friends- Thanks for being there for me ....love you all.

I am thankful for my life, I will enjoy it and live it to the fullest everyday.

I am strong, I LIVESTRONG!

TTYL,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment