Sunday, October 24, 2010

A very positive day.....I tackled the Masters Triathlon.

So today I woke up at 0530, made pancakes for Don, Allison and myself. We headed to the Masters Triathlon at Moss Park where I decided I to compete on my first triathlon since I had surgery a month and 3 weeks ago. I was very nervous for various reasons. The week before the race I was not feeling well at all. I was having really bad joint pain plus I had not swim for 3 months and I was about to do an open water swim. Open water swimming is not easy, is not like swimming on a pool. In open water, you have nothing to hold on to. In order to get out of the water...well you must swim out of it or wave at a lifeguard to come get you with the kayak and that is definately not a choice for me. LOL.

This triathlon is of great significance for me. I can believe I finished it even thou I was not secure I would get out of that water but with a positive attitude I was able to make it happen. No matter how many times I have done a Tri, I was still very nervous!!!!

Today, I learned I got what it takes. Once again, the power of the mind is so strong. Something to take from all this.....If life gives you lemons, well.....make MARGARITAS!!!

A big thanks to Coach Beth, Allison, Don, Tracy and other team vortex members who believed in me and supported me to finish..ohh and I also got first place!!!! Bam!

TTYL,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment