Monday, October 11, 2010

A little motivation...why not?



Hello Dear Friends,

Another day and more things to conquer! I am feeling the motivation running through my veins. Triathlon season is almost over and I honestly don't want it to end. Like you all know, I was about to do my first Half Ironman distance triathlon on October 30 but I was taken into a different kind of race...the one against cancer. Now that surgery is over, I am feeling way much better and have started running again I feel the need to end this triathlon season with a bang.  I am not all there yet but I am quite sure that I can finish a sprint triathlon, that is why I have made the decision (hard one since I am so competitive) to sign up for the Orlando Womans Triathlon at Moss Park on October 23. Since I can't do the 1/2 Ironman I will end up the season accomplishing another race.

Back in August of this year (one week before my cancer results) I got second place in my category at the Moss Park Triathlon. I am signing up in the same category with the expectations of finishing the race but I will try to defend my tittle and maybe even winning first place. I know!! To much expectations so early in the game but you must dream high....that is what gets you going. When you look back, you say "I gave it my best". I am looking forward to enjoying my last Triathlon of this season...but the first one of many to come as a SURVIVOR.....Let's roll.

TTYL,

Michelle

1 comment: