Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mayor Improvement......

What a great day this was! I woke up early, got my bike in my car, grab my working clothes as well as my nunning gear and headed for a morning bike /run brick workout. I work around the airport area and there is a bike lane at Heintzelman Blvd so it is very convenient for me to do a workout before heading to work. I didn't have to be at work until 10 am and my building have shower facilities so it was the perfect setting to head for a workout and then straight to work. I love doing this as it gives me energy all day long.

This was the first time I was going on my bike in almost two months and believe me...I felt it! I was very short of breath and felt a little pain on my knees, but even like that I was able to clock 20 miles. Mayor improvement! After I was done with the bike, I put on my running shoes on and went for a 2 mile run.  This is called a brick workout in Triathlon Training. It's very beneficial to do this workout as one of the most difficult things to do in Triathlons is to switch your muscles used in one discipline to the other set of muscles used on another discipline. The more you practice the better you will be able to switch from sport to sport at a race. I was surprised to see I was able to do a brick so early in the game but was very pleased. Just the fact I was able to do this....I know I am on my way to a full recovery very soon.

On November 17, I will undergo my radiation treatment and I know that at that point I will once again lower the intensity of my workouts but in the mean time I just want to get a little ready for the upcoming Triathlon I signed up for and for Ragnar Race in Key West. Now...I am heading to bed as I am getting ready to do my first swim in almost two months tomorrow morning with my fellow team members. Can't wait to see them and can't wait to swim....

TTYL,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment