Friday, October 8, 2010

Radiation it is...

Today was my follow up with my endocrinologist who game the news that endeed I need radiation treatment. I was hoping that I wouldn't need it but the margins of my thyroid gland show that there might be a slight chance that cancer cells spread beyoond the gland tissue so I am getting radiation to make sure if there is anything else, we kill it. It is hard to listen to all this...I feel good and that made me feel like I was already out this illness and that I was already cancer free, but not yet. I keep saying, surgery is not the hardest part of this process, is the waiting and the uncertainty. Once I finish radiation which is schedule for November 17, I will have to remained locked in my house with no contact with people for 3 days and then head to do a full body scan to see if any of other parts of my body light up indicating cancer cells. I am crossing my fingers I will not turned into a Christmas Tree!

Also, on November 3 I will start the amazing low iodine diet. This is the diet they use to get you ready for Iodine Radiation.  So guess what am I doing the rest of October and the first 3 days of November?.....EAT ALL THE FISH, DAIRY and SALTY FOODS THAT I CAN!!! you got that right....

And off we go with the wait until radiation.....

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Michelle!! I'm looking forward to your next posting. It's so inspiring that you're keeping such a positive attitude. You're the bravest person I know and I'm sure you're going to succeed!! Keep going strong!!! Yo voy a ti!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following Orlando! I miss you dear friend. Well, you know me. I aint no quiter. I am actually feeling stronger than ever and the fact that I can use this forum to help others cope with the difficult circumstances in life makes me even stronger. I can't wait to see you soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete