Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And we have a date!

Today I got the news, I am having a date with the knife September 8th, 2010. Thank God that day is also payday, something to make me smile :) Still, lots of questions and answers that I need to ask and get.  I joined a blog, is called Blog for a Cure. It's been amazing to read and meet people who is going through the same cancer or are already in recovery. It's really interesting to see how each and everyone is feeling. Some feel ok with a few side effects while other miss their Thyroid gland. I feel more confused not knowing what will happen to me, will I be on "Team Thyroid Removal Feeling Awesome" or would I be in "Team Give Me My Thyroid Gland Back". It's getting scarier and scarier to know if I would be able to handle not having my Thyroid or would I be one of those who will gain weight, feel like pucking all the time and have no hormone replacement med work for her. Keep in mind there is no turning back. Once she is gone, she is gone. It's like a bad divorce. I am divorcing my Thyroid gland and giving all the assets at the divorse clause. I will not retain any assets of her what so ever, so I will need a new marriage with a "Synthetic Hormone"...I am naming her my Avatar Hormone...lol

Sounds like I am making fun of myself and I am ...but I remained scared. Strong but scared! So I asked to see my Endocrinologist one more time before I head on my date. I want to know this is the best route to take. Remaining positive, remaining strong!

Livestrong,

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. We all know how strong and determined you are we are all behind you. You have every right to be scare but GOD willing you will be fine you are a fighter and you don't give up. We your friends will be praying for your quick recovery. "Let us not curse our luck when we get lost, but let us take God's hand, for surely he will reveal the best route for as as we travel in life."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Dulce! I know you guys are and your words are so calming. Thank you for your support. xoxo

    ReplyDelete