Monday, August 30, 2010

Not feeling myself today! kinda like the new Christina Aguilera song...

Well, todays is surgeons visit day. I didn't wake up feeling too good today. It's kind of getting to me the fact that I am using the "c" word when refering to myself...no no that "C" word lol...I am talking about cancer. Seriously, me with Cancer??? I would have never thought I would be writting about me having cancer. It's kind of difficult to reffer to myself as a cancer patient.  I refuse to play victim thou!!!! and I won't...I just finally let lose my first tears today. After a week of getting the news, I just released them today. I guess it's normal....but the good thing is that I wiped those out of my face and I am smiling again.

I am so lucky that my cancer is curable with the right treatment. Treatment won't be easy...it will be a good 6 months to a year before I am back to normal. Well, I better get better soon because I can't live without my Traithlon world that long. ;) You see, triathlons changed my life. They showed me discipline and teh fact that there are no limits in what you set your mind to do. I love when people says to me "I can't even run a mile good for you, Michelle" . Well, little they all know is that i could not even run a 1/4 mile before i was grasping for air. I was in so bad shape 5 years ago. I used to smoke a pack of cigarattes every two days and didn't exercise what so ever. It wasn't until i was not feeling well and I visit my doctor to find out I was having a Pituitary Brain Ademona (no other that a brain tumor that messes with my prolactin levels and makes me feel moody pretty much more like a bitch sometimes...lol). That is when I decided to quit smoking and take over my life back!

I used to work at my company's training center and there was a group of cyclist that will meet every afternoon to ride bikes around the Orlando Airport.  I looked at how in good shape they were and how much fun seem they have while doing this. They met EVERY DAY!!! It must be fun, o not knowing anything about cycling I went and bought a bike and started exercising. I was dying at the begining, but with time and dedication, I lost 50 pounds and was living a very healthy lifestyle.  Felt in love with cycling and met so much people, healthy people! While cycling I aslo joined the local YMCA and in there met the coach of the TRI Team. I knew how to swim, bike I was doing well.....run...ohhhh my gooooosh!  I hate running! Not now thou....now is one of my favorite disciplines of the triathlon sport so is swimming.

Well, my point is Triathlon changed me and changed the way I see life. I can't honestly wait until I am done with the treament s I can get back to the sport that I consider to be my life saver!...I will put you on hold Tri world...but i will be back soon and with a vengance...more energized and more hungry than ever. Now...time to go to suregeon, hopefully I will feel much better after talking to him.

TTYL<

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment