Sunday, August 29, 2010

Why Fly Girl chase Iron?

Yes...my name is Michelle and I am fly girl chasing Iron. I am a flight attendant by day (that is the fly girl in me) and Triathlete the rest of the time and yes I am now chasing Iron...as an Ironman! I never thought in my life I would be going after a full Ironman Triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run). I have decided to complete one on 2012. I've never had any desire until recently. I was in the peak training for a Ironman 70.3 in Miami to be held on October 30. Last week, unfortunately I was diagnosed with Papillary Carcinoma (Thyroid Cancer). I must have my entire Thyroid gland removed and have Iodine Radiation as well. As you can see my Ironman 70.3 for October is not going to happen. While I was playing being a strong person and not showing my emotions I just realized how lucky I am that this type of cancer is 98% curable and that I should be a very thankful person. Serious changes are underway. New diet, a life taking medication to supplement the work of my thyroid gland and lots of will to be smart and string about getting my life back to normal as soon as possible. I have decide to keep training for Triathlons until the day I head to surgery. So this last week I attended my long lake swim and was a very relaxing one. While swimming I did so much thinking and decided I wanted to create a blog to document my treatment, recovery and will to be able to finally do Ironman 70.3 Miami. I want people to see that it is possible if you set your mind to do it. I will not allow this new stage in my life to feel sorry, the opposite..I feel stronger in will and determination to get out of this with flying colors and do the ultimate race....an IRONMAN! I know it is not an easy road, every Triathlon has brought many challenges to me but this will be the way to prove me and others that you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to do. It will be a very difficult road but I am so ready for this challenge. Thanks Beth for believing in me and help me get there!




Please...follow the blog. I would love to have as many supporters out there I can get..



Blessings,



Michelle

1 comment:

  1. If there's a person in this world who can accomplish this (and much more), it's you Michelle!! I know you can do it!! Yo voy a ti!!!

    ReplyDelete